The Telethon at Soli was born in 2018 and was a great success. It is organized in partnership with the AFM-Telethon, an association created in 1958 which brings together parents and patients to promote research and the discovery of innovative therapies to combat genetic diseases, rare and severely disabling. Today, the Telethon represents no less than 80% of the AFM’s resources, brings together 5 million French people and 200,000 volunteers: it is a citizen’s fight that is perpetuated every year.
During the first edition of this event in December 2018, we organized a day placed under the sign of handisport, conviviality and disability awareness. For this 2021 edition, we see things in a big way and organize an entire week dedicated to the Telethon.
The program for the 2021 edition
- 1 Afterwork of launching 2 weeks before the sporting event
- A week of photo exhibition in collaboration with the association Déclic on the theme of disability
- The flagship event of the Telethon: a field day, in collaboration with the Emlyon Sports Office and the Raid Hannibal association
- A “Solidarity Stage” evening in collaboration with the Emlyon Arts Office
The objectives of the Telethon week
- Raise as much money as possible for the AFM Telethon
- Raise awareness among Emlyon students and other participants on the issues of disability, rare diseases and the need to advance research